connielingus / L - Word Reviews

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The L word - Episode 206 - "Lagrimas de Oro"

I can't quite put my finger on what it is about the 'Word lately that has been leaving me feeling kinda icky. I'm guessing that maybe that is the whole idea...you know...we must really FEEL the drama, but nevertheless, I'm fuckinwell attached to these fancy-pants faux-lesbo characters. I've been having all these schizo-emotions concerning their well-being for the last couple ep's....one minute I'm sick of their shit and by the next week I'm sooo regretful of my premature negativity and I want to rub them down with some calming essential oil. hmmmm. Maybe I just need to get out more....BUT until the weather brightens up, HERE'S THIS WEEKS LOWDOWN ON THE L-WORD.....
Basically, Everyone is getting it on - except Bette...Right off the bat, Kit is running off to get some big TOE action with Benjamin Bradshaw...Sounds like he's married and this escapade just adds to the shows running total of infidelities. Mark the slimeball continues to push Shane's buttons concerning his videographing male ideologies, and then figures in his twisted mind that he will pay some hot blonde to deliver flowers and seduce the seducer while he is secretly filming his "documentary". On the flip side, Carmen is so taken by Shane, and Shane is so taken with Carmen that they continue to stir the dykedrama pot, and unfortunately Carmen has chosen to use Jenny as a jealousy-inducing pawn. I am ALMOST starting to feel sorry for ol J-dawg....I mean, she is SO self-conscious and nutty - the last thing she needs right now is to be fucked around....For the love of God! Just think of the crazy Circus scenes we will see....She already fell to her death off a trapeze platform this week....How much more can we possibly take!
Tina and Helena finally consummate their bubbling lust in the coolness of a hotel pool. There is something I don't like about Helena....Maybe "T" will figure it out the hard way and go running back to ol' sad-sack Bette. I feel sorry for her a little now. I'm not ashamed to admit - The cut flowers and the "you hold all the cards" sentiment while Tina was "doing it for the first time" with someone else was a little heart-wrenching.
That leaves Dana and Alice. To sum it up short and sweet....Alice says "no way am I gonna be your back-door woman" and forces Dana to make the choice. Dana goes to the "Melissa Rivers Tennis Competition" and gets up the knackers to break off the engagement with Tonya....EXCEPT...Tonya has already run off with MELISSA RIVERS! - for the love of Pete! WHAT!!!!???!!!! I know, I know....who woulda guessed that one.
so...Dana and Alice are in shock and awe and run home with their tails between their knees....So sadly anti-climactic. Who knows what is in store now that the Lesbo Celebrity wedding is off....Will their undying lust and heady love scenes prevail?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home